Platform Industrial Solution Director (H/F)
Apply now »
Location: Saint Ouen, J, FR
The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France, we are present in over 60 countries and today employ 32,800 people worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.alstom.com/
APTIS was born 2 years ago as an innovation initiative within NTL and has recently demonstrated its attractiveness by winning the Busworld 2017 Innovation Award price and the INoveYou 2017 Special price. This gained maturity has triggered Alstom's decision to develop itself in this new BUS territory and therefore to create a new platform organization and governance reporting to the Strategy department.
The aim of this e-Bus platform is to develop, promote and support Regions to penetrate and increase Alstom business in Urban Bus mobility solutions (Aptis vehicle, charging infrastructure, System…).
As Technical & Product Direction you will be a key member of the e-Bus platform reporting directly to the Head of the Platform.
Purpose of the Job
* Set up of industrial Strategy for the Platform for APTIS and its future range
* Support tender.
* Support future developments of APTIS range.
* Define APTIS Standard Manufacturing Process and Standard Manufacturing Line
* In collaboration with sourcing & engineering teams lead design for manufacturing
* Prepare / Manage / Control industrial ramp up plan in France / India / LAM.
* Optimize current process to ease multi projects manufacturing with best efficiency
Network & Links: APTIS Engineering & Production Site, Regions, Market & Strategy, Products & Innovation, Program Managers, Sourcing platform - ISCP network.
Reporting line to Industrial VP and functional link to Head of e-bus Platform
* understand existing products & technologies by markets
* Benchmark competitor / suppliers for industrial solutions.
* Complete understanding of technologies embedded in the vehicle for best MAKE & BUY
* Full knowledge of current reference library
Support Platform with best industrial strategy:
* Define Core - Non core activities
* MAKE or BUY strategy
* Build and continually improve industrial Reference library: costing files, transfer costing files, Standard macro process (SML/SMP), CAPEX list, tolling list, competitiveness plan…
* Propose industrial solution & costing in pre-tender & tender phases.
* Analyze industrial technological needs to develop a complete range of e-bus solutions
* Contribute to define product and process roadmap and support R&D programs.
* Support industrial development of strategic suppliers.
* Continually investigate innovative breakthrough (Process innovation, Digital transformation…)
Prepare Start of production and ramp up :
* Propose best industrial ramp up plan in line with demand plan
* Ensure production readiness for all industrial streams (PME, ToT, Site facility, Supply Chain , Manufacturing, Training)
* Optimize process : capacity saturation - flexibility - quality - EHS - Ergonomic
* Drive change from Rail process solution to multi-product manufacturing (Design for Manufacturing, demand management, late differentiation…)
* Give strong local technical support in starts of projects (shop floor - sourcing - engineering)
1. Internal network and links:
+ Synergize with ALSTOM metiers networks
2. External network and links:
+ Share and propose solutions from your previous experiences
+ Define potential technical partners for APTIS industrial scope
For start of production :
* Industrial ramp up plan for tenders (Stream and KPI - Planning - Investments - Resources…)
* Management of readiness of start of production at the different stages of ramp up plan
* Industrial competiveness plan.
* Industrial strategy, SML/SMP
* Core - Non Core strategy and associated Make or Buy solutions.
* Costing on time during pre-tender and tender phases.
* Industrial Reference library: (non-recurring & recurring cost ) / layout / CAPEX / people skills…)
* REX - industrial requirements - industrial organization to improve new ranges
* Engineering and Industrial background with 5 to 10 years of experience automotive industry
* Experience in small - medium serial of production (Manufacturing - Supply chain - Commissioning)
* Experience in Lean Manufacturing / EHS standards and ergonomics
* Knowledge of Design for manufacturing - Eng and Industrial IT tools (CAD and PLM tools)
* Quick understanding internal processes (Tenders, Projects, Engineering, Industrial and Sourcing)
* Global thinking, strategic vision, understanding market needs and competitive trends.
* Open minded, innovative.
* Convincing and influencing (externally & internally), good skills in communication.
* Results and business driven
* Language : French & English
Other valued skills:
* Entrepreneurial attitude to support new business model.
* Training skills - Collaborative management, facilitating team working.
* Technical Background, power train, electro-mobility knowledges.
* Logical and organized. Self-Motivation.
* Cost spirit
* International mindset (travel, communication with Regions - customers - partners - suppliers)
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry
Job Segment: Manager, Supply, Facilities, Supply Chain, Technical Support, Management, Operations, Technology
Apply now »