Data Scientist (m/f)
07 Nov 2018
Airbus Defence and Space
Apply Email this offer
10431504 AJ EN EXT 1
Professional staff - engineer
Print Send to a friend
Data Scientist (m/f)
Airbus Defence and Space Toulouse (ex Airbus Military)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Airbus Digital Transformation Office (DTO) is looking for a Data Scientist to join our Data Analytics, Apps and Services department in Toulouse.
The mission of the DTO inside Airbus Defence and Space is to actively support the business and help drive the transformation, and is articulated around the following objectives:
* Contribute directly to strategic analytics programs and projects
* Assist in the definition and selection of key programs to drive forward lighthouse deliver examples
* Drive Airbus data strategy
* Help define and drive Airbus data engineering strategy
* Ensure proper access to market best practices through structured and focused benchmarking or partnerships
* Help establish a value proposition framework for digital initiatives, including appropriate new business models
* Promote and facilitate the portfolio of initiatives; capture lessons learnt to accelerate, scale-up and spread most promising projects beyond the current boundaries
* Coordinate across community of Airbus group digital stakeholders and connect teams in order to promote information and best practice sharing
* Drive and accompany business transformation in a digital environment
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Design, develop, test and deploy Data Science and AI solutions
* Support teams and individuals across the business in identifying impactful opportunities for advanced analytics
* Communicate outcomes to various project stakeholders, including senior management
* Own, improve and promote best practices and scientific methods for ML, advanced statistics and predictive modeling.
* Develop domain knowledge around the diverse portfolio of Airbus Defence and Space including Space Systems, Secure Communications, Military Aircraft, Digital Security and Intelligence as well as Unmanned Aerial Systems and Drones
* Ability to travel at least 25%
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Masters Degree or PhD degree in computer science, applied mathematics or a related field
* 3+ years of proven experience as a Data Scientist
* Customer focus experience delivering analytic capabilities in service to tangible business outcomes
* Proficient programming skills in at least two of the following: Python, R, Scala or Java.
* Experience delivering within one of the sub-domains of analytics, such as machine learning, artificial intelligence, statistical analysis (GLM, Bayesian Models, Non-Parametric Models), etc.
* Experience with Hadoop stack and Big Data tools. Experience with streaming analytics is a plus
* Experience in data visualization using open source and commercial tools
* Strong communication skills and ability to present complex technical topics to senior business stakeholders in a compelling manner
* Negotiation level in English. French, German or Spanish language skills are a plus
Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
View in Job Market
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you're applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don't forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you've submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.