With 18,000 employees, including 10,000 engineers and managers, France is Alstom’s core industrial base. There are 21 main engineering and production sites in France. At the end of March 2014, Thermal and Renewable Power Sectors employed 5,600 people in France,Grid 2,700 people and Transport 9,000 people. The remainder are split between the headquarters and support functions. The Group and Alstom Hydro headquarters are located in Levallois-Perret, the Transport and Grid Sectors ones respectively in Saint-Ouen and La Défense, all located the Paris area.
- Workforce: 18,000 employees (being 20% of the workforce)
- Turnover: €4,3bn (being 20% of global turnover)
- Industrial Investment: €130 m (being 25% of global investment)
- Export shares of France turnover: €2,4bn (being 55% of global turnover)
- R&D: €170m (being 25% of global R&D)