Insider Protection Experienced Data Analyst m/f
Publish Date 23 Jul 2019
Location Toulouse, France
Reference Code 10465521 PR EN EXT 1
Functional Area Product Management
Contract Type Permanent contract
Work Experience Confirmed (3+ to 5 years of experience)
Interest Group Professional staff - engineer
Working Time Full time
Insider Protection Experienced Data Analyst m/f
Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a data analyst with machine learning expertise (m/f) in Airbus Cyber security Defence
Centre has arisen within Airbus (Commercial Aircraft) in Toulouse. You will join the Cyber Security
About Cyber Security in Airbus:
Security is not an option, be part of it!
Today, governments, companies and private individuals are increasingly the target of attacks like theft
of intellectual property, sensitive information and even money.
Last year Norton Cybercrime Report estimated the global cost of cybercrime at around 150 billion
Airbus is increasingly at risk due to its leading position in the aerospace and defence market.
Additional risks come from our Extended Enterprise. In recent months the malware attacks we've
seen have been more sophisticated.
What does the Cyber Security Defence Centre team do?
Security threats have increased significantly in the last few years and Airbus faces increasingly
complex threats. Whilst digitalization is bringing many opportunities it's also bringing new risks.
With over 10 years experience the Airbus Cyber Security Defence Centre has developed a
state-of-the art detection capability for cyber threats, to protect its business assets.
Why do we need Insider Protection in Airbus?
A user-name and password are no longer sufficient to identify users. The Insider protection team is
looking at others KPIs such as location, activity to build up a more comprehensive picture of our users
and identify the intruders.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your role as an experienced Data Analyst will be to work with the data available to the Cybersecurity
You will have to examine the data closely to reveal trends, patterns and actionable inteligence.
You will lead analysis projects from start to finish including all aspects of data analysis (e.g.
processing, cleaning, verifying the integrity of data used for analysis, statistical analysis,
visualizations) and communicating results.
You will also work on setting-up the machine learning capability to detect insider threats.
You will be based in Toulouse and you will report to the Insider protection product Manager.
Tasks & Accountabilities
As the successful candidate your main tasks & accountabilities are:
* Develop detection rules that will allow us to reveal insider threats anomalies
* Ensure delivery of data analytics projects from investigation/ case study to the visualisation of
the final result
* Work with the team on building a Machine Learning platform and framework
* Contribute to the evolution and improvement of the Insider Protection product Framework
This position has been graded BAND V
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
* Master's Degree specialised in Information Technology (or equivalent),
* Experience on Cybersecurity and/or fraud data analysis is a plus
* Knowledge and experience of machine learning and deep learning, supervised and
unsupervised learning, behavioural analysis algorithms, Bayesian inference,
* Good knowledge of scripting languages (e.g. Python, Java), Statistical computing packages,
(e.g. R), databases: SQL, Graph databases
* Knowledge and experience in SPLUNK Enterprise Security
* Experience of cloud platforms (G-Suite, AWS, ServiceNow)
* Agile mindset required, experience in Agile, SAFE & Scrum methodology preferred but not
* Organized with a proven ability to prioritize workload, meet deadlines, and utilize time
* Good interpersonal and communication skills, works effectively as a team player
* Fluent in English. Advanced level in French would be appreciated.