Transport, Lifting & Handling Architect (m/f)
07 Nov 2018
Apply Email this offer
10391647 ID EN EXT 3
Professional staff - engineer
Mid-career (5+ to 10 years of experience)
Print Send to a friend
Transport, Lifting & Handling Architect (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Transport, Lifting & Handling Architect has arisen within Airbus in Toulouse. You will join the team of Industrial Architects wing and oversize transportation. It's a multi-national team based on several sites of Airbus responsible for the industrialization of the end to end process for oversize transportation between all sites in Airbus and all Final Assembly Lines (FAL).
By joining this team, you will be working on oversize transportation jigs and tools design, supporting Infrastructure and plants team in the existing process, but you will be also responsible for new design and modification of new products and process requirements.
The focus for the next two years will be introduction of the Beluga XL and preparation in the plants for its introduction and also Single Aisle ramp up.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Specifying new jigs for sea, road and air transport
* Working with all operating sites and transport operating responsible teams
* Ensuring compliance to the regulatory requirements
* Leading Project teams looking at new end to end systems
From the specification to realization of the tooling and transportation process, you will be:
* Leading technically diverse projects such as, Rate Improvement in China and Alabama
* Providing key technical support to ensure flight operations continue
* Working with all key stakeholders in the plants, procurement, suppliers and key transportation teams.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
* Educated to a 4/5 years degree level (or equivalent) in General or Mechanical Engineering
* Experience in design related to Jig and tools (background in calculations, stress, tolerances)
* Project management experience
* Very good communication and interpersonal skills
* Stakeholders management
* Negotiation and influencing skills
* Ability to work in a transnational environment
* Ability to work in a challenging environment
* English at negotiation level
* French, German and/or Spanish would be a plus.
Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
View in Job Market
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you're applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don't forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you've submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.