Train Propulsion Engineer (M/F)
Apply now »
Location: Reichshoffen, FR
The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France, we are present in over 60 countries and today employ 32,800 people worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.alstom.com/
The Train Propulsion Engineer defines an optimal architecture of tractions and auxiliary energies in compliance with the customer's specifications. He is technically in charge of team and design activities in order to meet expected performances (quality, delivery, costs).
As Train Propulsion Engineer , your main missions are :
* To drive systems design activities related to electrical and/or thermal traction and auxiliary energies
* To formulate technical and functional specifications in compliance with train performances and customer's prerequisites
* To insure the coordination of design activities done by our suppliers (internal or externa) and also with the different métiers of the Engineering Department (mechanic, electric, automatism, validation and transversal expertise)
* To follow the realization of the product and its qualification
* To specify tests and participate to their implementation, their validation by using simulation tools on tests bench or on real material
* To lead and contribute to problem solving
* To insure advice and expertise to projects and customers
* Take part into R&D activities related to the energy consumption reduction of new rolling stock and new energies supply modes (fuel cell, energy storage elements…)
* Generalist Engineer with specialization in Heavy Current is preferred
* A system approach of combustion engines (rolling stock) or power generator would be an asset as well as knowledge on alternative energies supply modes (fuel cell, energy storage elements…)
* A 3 to 5 year Design experience in the railway sector is preferred
* Technical competencies: leadership, you are able to manage an operational team and to work on a multi-project environment. Good communication, spoken and written, is mandatory. You are rigorous, methodic and you know how to be flexible regarding the context and to get buy-in from everyone. You have the sense of commitment.
* Languages: You have strong skills in English, fluent in French. Knowledge of German would be a plus.
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry
Job Segment: Supply, Operations
Apply now »