Railway Dynamics Engineer - H/F
Date: 23 sept. 2019
Lieu: Belfort, France
Purpose of the Job
The Railway Dynamics Engineer will participate in project/offer development through the application of internal procedures, instructions and guidelines of the domain and has to be operative on the following calculation activities:
* Standard calculations with Multi-Body Code (SIMPACK, VAMPIRE), in the frame of tenders and projects
* Complex MBS calculations, requiring interdisciplinary approach : flexible bodies, safety to cross wind, drive line, active elements.
* Analysis and interpretation of tests results (indoor and on track tests).
* R&D under the coordination of Core Competence Network
* To apply the Railway Dynamics Instructions and Guidelines in carrying-out the Project tasks
* Provide technical support to the Project teams
* To perform the Railway Dynamics Technical Specification analysis (Customers, Platform, etc) , and prepare Clause-by-Clause analysis.
* GAP Analysis for the railway dynamics domain between the indicated solution (RSAD), in terms of Tech spec. requests, Design Data and Normative, and the reference solution
* Support the OWNER to define and write Railway Dynamics Management Plan and TRS (including both Integrator site and Components/Bogie site tasks)
* Highlights any missing data or other missing inputs.
* RISK analysis on the assumptions (in case of missing data) for the Project and Tender.
* Prepare the Calculation Matrix and BGT necessary, considering all phases of the project (including the support for the certification and acceptance phase)
* Carry-out Railway Dynamics simulations
* Provide Support to burning issues on on-going projects or revenue service
* Accounts for the final result towards the OWNER.
* Reports to the OWNER whether any criticality or problems come out from his activities
* Support Chief engineer Métier and CCN leader with continuous REX to improve the relevant methodologies/guidelines
* Support the function in the development and deployment of the new processes
* Support for updating and/or developing of Metier instructions
Knowledge & Experience :
* Mechanical Engineering degree (BSc/MSc) or equivalent.
* Possibly with 2-3 years of experience in a Railway Dynamics department in industry sector or R&D research in the railway dynamics domain.
* Good knowledge of the MultiBody System (Simpack, VAMPIRE or Other)
* Knowledge of Matlab/Simulink, MS Excel advanced level, Fortran
* Good knowledge of mechanical vibrations, Track-vehicle system and impact on dynamics behavior; knowledge on train system engineering.
* Knowledge of mechanical design and calculation, in particular on bogie mechanical and suspension components such as : primary and secondary suspensions ; elastic elements and dampers
* Railway Dynamics International Standards knowledge
* Management skills to lead R&D actions with a transversal approach
* Good communication skills, pro-activity, team working, strategic vision
* English conversational/writing/reading advanced level mandatory
* French conversational/reading advanced level is preferred