Product Sourcing Buyer (H/F)
Apply now »
Location: Villeurbanne, FR
The future of transportation is already here.
Alstom, with recorded sales of 7.3 billion in the 2016/17 fiscal year, is the world leader in integrated transport systems and continues to push the boundaries of innovation & digital solutions for transportation systems and e-mobility. We are at the forefront of providing sustainable modes of transport with the largest range of rail solutions in the market. Headquartered in France, we are present in over 60 countries and today employ 32,800 people worldwide.
For more information, please visit: http://www.alstom.com/
This position is based on our Signalling Villeurbanne site (800 people), specialized in designing and manufacturing electronics systems on board and on tracks (traction, monitoring, passenger information, network…) to develop future train intelligence.
Integrated to France Signalling Sourcing teams, you report to Sourcing Manager - Product & Catalog, you manage the sourcing activity of the Product or Program Development (in development phase and serial production) and are responsible for QCD in your scope.
Your main tasks are to :
* Help in providing the full RFQ (Request for Quotation) package (commercial/technical) : work to challenge gaps Vs Tender and to maximize re-use of proven solutions, provides specific customer requirements to suppliers.
* Ensure sourced parts are developed/delivered on time in respect of quality and cost,
* Manage supplier selection through the Business Award process with Sourcing Commodity buyers
* Lead improvement plans: challenge suppliers, support product/program teams and technical sourcing for additional savings, ensures full consideration of Total Cost of ownership
* Ensure sourcing central strategy is applied (panel, LCC objectives, dual sources...), as well as processes.
* Follow products / program managers suppliers QCD performance
* Manage risks and ambitions until the end of the program/product
* Be the owner of the Catalog Material Cost evolution on his product,
* Manage resourcing of internal activities, supported by Quality, Sourcing and Industrial operation.
* Coordinate claims to suppliers on his products.
* Ensure contract execution of selected suppliers.
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS & EDUCATION
Diploma/Degree level (or similar level of formal qualification) in Engineering and/or Business.
You have at least 5 years of Sourcing experience within an industrial organization (electronics) with complex projects.
You are able to demonstrate good negotiation and communication skills.
In parallel you have a significant customer and results orientation.
English mandatory - some travel may be required
Alstom is committed to create a diverse & international working environment, that reflects the future of our industry, our clients and end-users. As an employee, you will have a unique opportunity to continue to build your career and directly contribute to the expanding growth of the global transport industry
Job Segment: Procurement, Purchasing, Buyer, Operations, Finance
Apply now »