Patent Attorney/Industrial Property Manager (m/f)
15 Nov 2018
Airbus Defence and Space
Apply Email this offer
10425005 GL EN EXT 1
Professional staff - engineer
Mid-career (5+ to 10 years of experience)
Print Send to a friend
Patent Attorney/Industrial Property Manager (m/f)
Airbus Defence and Space Toulouse
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Patent Attorney/Industrial Property Manager (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. As the successful candidate you will join the TER-TL2 - Industrtial Property-department.The core work will consist in patenting, when possible and relevant, our major innovations, and monitoring and analysing the patents from our competitors.
The work will be done under the supervision of the Space System Industrial Property portfolio manager.
Based in Toulouse, the Patent engineer is expected to work mainly for program line space systems of AD&S, under the coordination of the overall IP Portfolio Manager of this program line. Support to other program line can be expected on purpose.
Space Systems has activities in Fr UK Germany Spain Netherlands and Belgium. Many decisions will concern several countries and several products.
The candidate can be either an experienced engineer with a broad knowledge of Space Systems products willing to acquire basics of IP law (adequate training will be proposed), or an experienced person in the field of patent (CEIPI or several years of experience in patent activity).
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Oppositions before the European Patent Office.
* Analysis of 3rd party patents,
* Freedom to operate analysis
* Support & advice in the negotiation of IP clauses in contracts in coordination with Legal department.
* Legal actions by or against Airbus Defence & Space in relation to intellectual property, in coordination with legal.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to an engineering degree with more than 10 years of experience in Space activities and a good knowledge of Space Systems products and the willingness to acquire additional legal skill in patent.
* University level scientific or engineering qualification, preferably in one or several of the following field. Telecom, optics, automatics, thermal, mechanical
* Have French diploma (CEIPI) in patent law or having significant experience in patents.
* Fully or at least partial passed the European Qualifying Examination is a plus.
* First experience in industry at similar position is also a plus.
* Ability to establish and maintain good contacts with the inventors whose availability is sometimes very limited.
* High level of understanding of the relevant business and technical context to ensure that decisions are made and based on a balanced analysis of information, risks and costs.
* Good team spirit.
* Negotiation level of French.
* At least an advanced level of English.
Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
View in Job Market
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you're applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don't forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you've submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.