Navigation Research & Development engineer (m/f)
07 Nov 2018
Airbus Defence and Space
Apply Email this offer
10429744 CG EN EXT 1
Professional staff - engineer
Entry level (less than 2 years of experience)
Print Send to a friend
Navigation Research & Development engineer (m/f)
Airbus Defence and Space Toulouse
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for Navigation Research & Development engineer has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Toulouse. You will join the «Navigation and ATM» department (TESUN) in charge of the definition, development and validation of major ground systems related to navigation and ATM.
In the navigation activities, the department is now working on two main European ground systems: GALILEO, Europe own navigation-satellite system, and EGNOS, the GNSS augmentation system, which improve performances and integrity to the users.
The department is also working on R&D and R&T projects related to future GNSS and navigation systems and technologies. With the lead on Performance and Algorithms activities, the NOVA team is bringing its expertise on subjects related to algorithms design, development and validation, as well as system and product navigation performance analysis.
In this context, Airbus is looking for a candidate to lead the different R&D activities where the team is involved.
On one hand, you will manage existing and future R&D projects of the department, as well as their associated key products. On the other hand, you will investigate the future navigation activities of the department, and respond to the different R&D proposals intended by ESA or other institutional partner. You will benefits from our team of experts on these subjects.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
With a solid background in navigation system, and a proven experience in algorithms design and development, your main tasks and responsibilities will be to:
* Lead technical studies and projects related to the department navigation activities.
* Design innovative algorithms related to future navigation systems and applications.
* Develop and enhance existing products and simulation tools.
With a strong interest for innovation and advanced studies, you will also:
* Lead proposals for the different R&D proposals regularly initiated by our institutional partners: CNES, ESA or GSA for example.
* Propose innovative concepts in line with the R&D objectives.
* Collaborate with other navigation partners, internally and externally.
* Participate in the definition of the roadmap for the division navigation activities.
This role may involve frequent travels worldwide for business according to the projects and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to engineering degree level or equivalent.
* A first experience in navigation engineering and algorithms design.
* Experience in a System & Software engineering team.
* Knowledge of GNSS signals processing, positioning techniques, performance analysis.
* Understanding of large Navigation systems architecture: GNSS, SBAS or GBAS, receivers.
* Ability to use Matlab, and other development language (C, C++, Qt, java).
* Affinity with innovative concepts and ideas.
* Ability in written technical proposals and documentation.
* Interested in the state of the art in GNSS, and latest academic results.
* Sense of technical quality & commitment.
* Autonomy and proactivity.
* Ability to communicate with multiple interfaces, work within transnational team and environment, open-minded.
* Negotiation level of English and French.
Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
View in Job Market
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you're applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don't forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you've submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.