Apply now »
Location: Saint-Ouen, J, FR
The Railway industry today is characterized by both a strong and sustained growth across the world. The trends that drive this are well known: With 6B€ of Sales and around 30,000 employees based in over 60 countries, Alstom develop & market the most complete range of systems, equipment and services offered today in the railway sector. Today we offer our customers solutions that feature a seamless blend of diverse technologies, ensuring optimal interfaces, along with flexible implementation and real synergy in innovation.
IMPORTANT: This position requires 60 % of travel, mostly abroad, 2 or 3 weeks in a row. We also ask a commitment to stay 2.5 years in the position
An Internal Auditor is a professional who performs internal audits for all activities within Alstom.
Internal auditing is an independent, objective assurance and consulting activity designed to add value and improve an organization's operations. It helps an organization accomplish its objectives by bringing a systematic, disciplined approach to evaluate and improve the effectiveness of risk management, control, and governance processes.
Internal Auditors are required to follow a systematic methodology to monitor and analyse business procedures and activities of business. Discrepancies related to the organizational processes are identified and recorded. The Internal Auditor examines the compliance with rules and regulations set by the Group / Regions / Product Lines as well as local government bodies.
While advising Alstom management and governing body on ways to improve performance, the Internal Auditor ensures that all the Group / Regions / Product Lines policies and principles are meticulously followed. An Internal Auditor also checks whether the internal accounting procedures and operating systems are adequate and on track.
Exercising unchallenged independence, the Internal Auditor evaluates the possible risks and devises risk management procedures with special attention to the key risk areas.
The Internal Auditor should be skilful in understanding the requirements of corporate management. The Internal Auditor must be prepared to create a healthy balance of risk management approaches instead of extreme risk-taking or avoiding issues. They must be keen observers and must have good decision-making skills. They must be honest and unbiased and report the facts as they are.
First and foremost the Internal Auditor needs to establish and communicate the objectives of the audit that are necessary and appropriate to the management.
From there on he or she will require developing an understanding of the particular business area that the auditing team takes under the reviewing. This would include elements like key transactions, objectives, and measurements.
The Internal Auditors are also supposed to determine and describe the key risks that the business in question may be facing and explain everything that would fall within the scope of the audit.
Internal auditing further includes the development and execution of a risk-based examining procedure and relevant approach to see if the operating systems are functioning well.
* Perform and lead business unit audits and special assignments with respect to large and complex operations to meet project and individual accountabilities. In that responsibility, Internal Auditors need to be ready and willing to travel about 60% of the time, for up to 3 weeks in a row.
* Prepare risk-based audits.
* Plan and execute assignments in accordance with the Group Policy on Internal Audit, and with reference to the standards of the IFACI, the relevant operational better practices and the annual internal audit plan.
* Coach other Internal Auditors throughout the assignments with the view to ensuring conformity with applicable policy and procedures in all phases of the audit process.
* Document, evaluate and test manual and automated systems and controls to determine their existence, adequacy, effectiveness and continuity ensuring a) effectiveness and efficiency of operations (including accomplishment of management objectives), b) compliance with laws, regulations, contracts, policies and procedures, c) reliability and integrity of information, and d) safeguarding of assets.
* Document A-Gate (Web-based Internal Audit tool) in accordance with the Internal Audit Department high quality standards. Prepare working papers and deliverables for review by the Head of Internal Audit & Internal Control.
* Develop and discuss findings, recommendations and timelines for corrective action with responsible officer of operations audited, appraise the adequacy of follow-up actions taken on audit findings and recommendations and monitor the implementation status of agreed recommendations.
* Perform tasks using the Internal Audit Department technology tools (e.g. A-Gate, IDEA, SAP, MS Office).
* Make presentations of audit results to management of the audited operations.
* Maintain and update audit programs.
* Maintain and update audit tools and techniques.
* Develop and maintain professional relationships with management.
* Develop and maintain business knowledge.
* Identify training needs with respect to auditing approaches, tools and techniques and remain current through an on-going commitment to participation in learning and development.
* Perform other related duties as determined by the Head of Internal Audit & Internal Control.
Desired background: 3 to 5 years of external audit
* Professionalism: Demonstrated in-depth technical knowledge and direct experience in the field of auditing.
* Teamwork: Resourcefulness, proven interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a diverse environment with sensitivity and respect. Expresses positive expectations of others in terms of their abilities, contributions, etc.
* Communication in English: Proven and sustained communication (oral and written) skills, including ability to write persuasively in a clear and concise manner, and to communicate effectively orally to a variety of audiences.
* Leadership: Ability to influence people and operations to achieve audit/assignment objectives.
* Analytical Thinking: Anticipates obstacles and thinks about next steps. Identifies a number of solutions and weighs the value of each to improve results.
* Initiative: Anticipates and prepares for a specific opportunity or problem that is not obvious to others. Identifies a number of solutions and weighs the value of each to improve results.
* Flexibility: Able and willing to adapt to and work effectively within a variety of diverse situations, and with diverse individuals or groups. Participate in multiple projects and tasks, with constantly changing priorities and evolving issues.
* Personal Discipline: Ability to focus on detailed tasks to achieve specified outcomes.
* Discretion: Ability to deal with sensitive and confidential issues using developed discretion and judgment, while maintaining independence and objectivity.
At Alstom Transport, we offer you the opportunity to unleash your potential and reinvent yourself. As a future employee, you will have a unique opportunity to drive our organization forward, while continuing to build your career and contribute to the expanding growth of the global railway industry. More information about Alstom can be found at: www.alstom.com
Job Type: Experienced
Job Segment: Internal Audit, Audit, Consulting, ERP, Risk Management, Finance, Technology
Apply now »