INTERNSHIP POSITION, INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER (m/f)
Posting date 16 Jan 2020
Location Toulouse Area, France
External code JR10019762
Job family Stdized Platform, Module & Version Eng.
Contract type Internship
Experience level Student
Working Time Full time
INTERNSHIP POSITION, INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
* Job Description:
What if YOU starts your journey with US!
As part of a school curriculum in initial training, you are looking for a mandatory internship or integrated into a gap year, that will allow you to validate your studies. The internship duration is 4 to 6 months maximum.
We offer you to work in a world-leading company which is at the heart of a digital transformation, at the cutting edge of research and innovation.
We are looking for an INDUSTRIAL DESIGNER (m/f) who will be joining us at Airbus site in Toulouse - Blagnac.
This internship is to be filled from March 2020 (keep in mind that hiring process takes about 4 months, from the validation of Job Requisition) (the dates are subject to a certain flexibility)
The objective of the internship is to be the link between customer, marketing, strategy and engineering, bridge vision and industrial reality, between today and the future, to bring high quality product and design solutions into the air. Enhance Airbus's reputation for perceived quality and the customer's value awareness.
* Tasks and Responsibilities :
You will be working under the supervision of your manager who will help you identify your professional objectives and support you in the development of your skills.
Airbus is seeking an inquisitive industrial designer student with knowledge if possible of Color, Material and Finish (CMF) to join our successful international Cabin design team, who is accountable to deliver customised and applicable CMF (Color, Materials, Finish) including lightings solutions to our Airlines. The CMF Interior Designer is responsible to translate into CMF design concept our strategical vision and branding plus customised concept solutions for our customers. This involve work with the creative / Industrial design, Marketing, innovations Programme department to support the design process from concept through feasibility toward production. Skillset requirements include identifying relevant trends and technologies, creating compelling image boards and focused program palettes, while working cross-functionally to support fast and dynamic timelines.
CMF is not just a superficial application but a core part of everything from the initial inspiration to the end experience of a product. You have a great design sense, a fresh perspective, and you can help us to strengthen the boundaries of CMF. You have the ability to create a vision for a project, organized, efficient, keen to learn, speak up to share your view and you are convinced that great design can make a difference to real people in the real world, and that is how you build a strong brand.
Within the CMF team we will look for our internship candidate for key projects which could match with business needs and student development needs - this experienced must be beneficial both way.
Your main scope of activities will include:
- Design concept
- Bring new way of thinking, creative ideas, and way of working to strengthen our design studio approach - Contribute to the evolving design culture and process in the studio.
- Participate in design trend and market research to understand the wants, needs and opportunities for innovation in a project.
- Continually seek out; new material technologies, Trends, Lighting solutions in line with our department strategy, emerging color & trim directions, innovative surface designs.
- Responsible for team CMF inspiration, identity, strategy and implementation for Industrial Design.
- Prepare a referenced document which will incorporate all the CMF design principle for our scope of activity - this will help the designer to have a baseline of what is possible or less preferred when doing concept.
- Support on internal market place preparation.
* Required skills:
You are preparing a diploma level Bac+ 4 - 5, in Degree or equivalent in a relevant design field (Industrial Design, Graphic Design, Textile Design, or a related field etc.) and you obtain following competences:
- English: INTERMEDIATE, ADVANCE, NEGOTIATION
- French and German will be a plus but not mandatory
- Positive mindset who always try to innovate and bring creative way of thinking.
- Attitude to work within a team, Problem solving attitude, Autonomous and pro-active
- You can manage your workload and operate as well individually.
- You are able to use proficiently latest Design tools
* Soft skills: (choose competences that correspond to the posting)
- Rigorous, curious and autonomous
- Obtain good interpersonal and communication skills
- Able to integrate into team and be a flexible team player
- Have organizational skills
- Able to analyze and synthesize information
- Knowledge of project management would be a plus.
If your profile catches our attention, you will be invited to perform a video interview during which you will have a few minutes to tell us about your background, motivations and your professional project. Afterwards, your application could be proposed to the managers for further review.
If the prospect of joining our innovative Group motivates you do not hesitate and apply online on our website www.airbus.com/careers!
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.