Head of GEO France IT Services (m/f)
29 Mar 2018
Airbus Defence and Space
Apply Email this offer
10396543 LH EN EXT 2
Experienced (>10 years of experience)
Print Send to a friend
Head of GEO France IT Services (m/f)
Airbus Defence and Space Toulouse (ex Astrium SV Spotimage)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Head of GEO France IT Services (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence and Space in Toulouse. You will join TZISC- IM BP CIS department.
Are you creative and innovative?
Are you customer- and solution-oriented?
Are you prepared to re-think Information Management?
It is an exciting time to join the Information Management (IM) Team.
IM is the Information Technology (IT) business enabler and unique IM Business Partner for Airbus Defence and Space.
As a central function, IM is involved in all business processes and enables technical as well as management careers.
IM covers a wide range of state-of-the-art technologies and positions ranging from IT infrastructure, application support to governance or strategic consultancy. Especially for young talents IM offers best conditions for a successful career in an advanced and forward-looking environment. Working in IM means living global trends (developments) such as digitalization, innovation and a new way of working.
Are you passionate for digital topics and interested in working in a diverse and international environment?
Then join us as the Head of the GEO France IT Services Department.
This position will require security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Managing the team and supervising all activities, with effective delegation to the Team Leaders,
* Defining team organization improvements and implementing them,
* Managing coordination and information sharing between the team Competence Centers,
* Being responsible for the security and effective operations of all supported infrastructure and systems,
* Being responsible for the Operational Support Services,
* Preparing project plans with relevant stakeholders and delivering IT Projects On Time On Cost On Quality (OTOCOQ),
* Managing IT services for the GEO business on the portfolio services covering thematic domains such as agriculture, maritime surveillance, forestry, cartography, Defence,
* Delivering all IT infrastructures and services to the GEO Digital Systems programme in charge of the design and development of ground systems for the future generation of Intelligence optical satellites,
* Managing the team Operating Plan (OP)/budget preparation and respect of budget commitments,
* Representing the team in the GEO France Operations/IT governance bodies,
* Being accountable for the Procurement process implementation for all procured infrastructures and services,
* Contributing to policy making with respect to the full range of IM matters including strategic planning, choice of methods and standards, procurement, configuration management, internal tools selection and deployment, etc.
* Being responsible for design, maintenance and documentation of secure and resilient infrastructures,
* Sharing information and experience proactively with managers of other TZISC Departments,
* Delivering weekly reports to GEO Operations on the team activities,
* Attending TZISC and TZIS management meetings, and providing monthly synthetic reports,
* Ensuring that the necessary arrangements are in place to maintain or recover the delivery of systems and services in the event of any physical, technical or environmental disaster or major outage, providing continuity of service to the client organizations,
* Demonstrating ingenuity in applying knowledge to non-standard situations, investigating complex problem situations to diagnose underlying causes and helping users to recover or continue operation,
* Assisting with the development and monitoring of standards, policy, procedures and processes for all IM services,
* Producing and following-up resource planning for all IT projects and services,
* Measuring customer satisfaction (Customer Satisfaction Survey) and implementing improvement actions accordingly,
* Managing projects in accordance with Airbus project management standards,
* Managing 3rd party suppliers and contractors in the delivery of IM services,
* Ensuring appropriate up-to-date documentation is in place and maintained to the required standards which accurately describe the installed IM infrastructures,
* Keeping abreast of new technological developments that could enhance the service and/or reduce costs,
* Developing the Team to deliver strategic Business goals and ensuring the team has the required skills to perform the tasks to the required level,
* Representing IM and acting as a diplomat at all levels within and outside of the business,
* Managing the team on duty/on call process with extended hours on critical services.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to 5-year degree level (or equivalent) specialising in information systems,
* Strong experience in team and project management,
* Excellent understanding of IT Technologies, IT concepts and Project Methodologies,
* ITIL and GPP awareness,
* Experience in digitalisation would be a plus,
* Open for a dynamic and challenging environment,
* Meticulous approach, analysis, synthesis and problem-solving skills,
* Excellent communication and leadership skills,
* Language Skills: negotiation level of English and French.