Flight Operations Analyst (m/f)
Posting date 17 Jan 2020
Location Toulouse Area, France
External code JR10022695
Job family Testing
Contract type Permanent Contract
Experience level Professional
Working Time Full time
Flight Operations Analyst (m/f)
Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
A vacancy for a Flight Operations Analyst (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse. You will join the Accident Analysis and Flights Operations Department.
In the context of Airbus Digitalization and SKYWISE, within a transnational team, you, as Flight Operations Analyst (FOA), will analyse in-service behavior of flight operations either with data provided by a single airline or data from multiple airlines. A classical analysis is built with data of about 100 000 flights (Big Data technologies).
This position is an exciting opportunity to join the Flight & Integration Test Center, to learn about airline operations and to get multi ATA competences.
Tasks & accountabilities:
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* You will be responsible for Flight Operations analysis.
* Ensuring full project management (data acquisition, coordination, planning and delivery of validated analysis results) for an assigned analysis subject,
* Maintaining continuous stakeholder relationships across multiple Airbus departments (direct and continuous interaction with Flight Tests, Design Office, Flight Operations experts, Flight Safety, Chief Engineering teams).
* Using aircraft systems and airline flight operations knowledge; be able to analyze flight data recordings, parameters, representing the behavior of multiple aircraft systems. Thereby, you contribute to Airbus overall aircraft/systems design enhancement.
* Ensuring compliance with confidentiality requirements and associated discretion on sensitive flight data recordings, including those derived from Non-Disclosure Agreements.
* Using Flight Data Analysis software, process and perform analysis of recorded flight data, create analysis algorithms and outputs, statistical and written reports.
* Preparing and delivering analysis results to multiple internal and external customers (airlines).
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to Master's degree level (or equivalent) in Aeronautical Engineering
* Knowledge in Aircraft design and Operations
* Aircraft data transmission and recording protocols skills would be a plus
* Interest for flight data analysis techniques, parameter analysis techniques, statistical analysis methods, retrospective analysis methods and data mining techniques
* Airline and industry flight data monitoring methods skills would be a plus
* Java/Python skills would be a plus
* High adaptability-flexibility, intercultural communication & good presentation skills
* English fluent written and spoken
* French would be a plus
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.