EVYYN - Navigation Systems Test Leader (m/f)
Posting date 02 Sep 2019
Location Toulouse Area, France
External code NB_10435628
Job family Testing
Contract type Permanent Contract
Experience level Entry Level
Working Time Full time
EVYYN - Navigation Systems Test Leader (m/f)
Airbus Operations SAS
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2018 it generated revenues of € 64 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as one of the world's leading space companies. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Please apply on line for this vacancy using your eRecruiting profile with your CV attached.
In case you have any further questions, please contact: Employment Operations / email@example.com.
Description of the job :
A vacancy for a Navigation Systems Test Leader (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Commercial Aircraft in Toulouse. You will join EVYYN, a team composed of 22 persons, with various different profiles, in charge to provide maturity statement of NAVIGATION, SURVEILLANCE and FMS systems, following integrations tests performed through Benches or Simulators, and post test flights analysis.
Our team vision is to define experiment and industrialize future methods and means to perform those tests, in line with company objectives: decrease development timeframe while increase systems maturity before their deliveries to our customers. Develop new predictive maintenance services based on flight test & in service data for our Airline customers.
Our mission is
- satisfying the numerous concurrent developments to increase maturity of our current products and services,
- defining new Methods and Tools for testing next A/C generation (DDMS) ex : Automatic Testing, Big Data M&T, Virtual Testing ...
Our main challenge is to experiment new ways of testing on our current developments with the same level of quality and milestones commitments.
This position is KEY to accompany the Design Office into the definition of the next generation of NAVIGATION systems, starting from validation of 1st prototypes on benches, SIMU or flight tests, and preparing the future testing strategy for those systems.
Why would you join us?
- Because you want to acquire good knowledge of A/C systems through fun and practice on benches and Simulators.
- Because you also want to keep and develop yourself into project management skills (the job is 50% technical, 50% project).
- Because you want to develop yourself with high added value interfaces such as Design Offices, Flight Test Crew, other systems test teams.
- Because you are curious to learn, tenacious, engaged.
- Because you want to be part of a team with values such as solidarity, mutual support, team work, and ... fun at work. Indeed, the team will provide NAVIGATION trainings to support competences acquisition, through theory and practice.
With this experience, you will acquire high level of A/C systems, of A/C operations through the numerous flight hours on benches or simulator, and meetings with DO, flight test crew and customer services you will experience. Furthermore you will have developed new test strategies, means in the frame of DDMS. It will allow you to develop yourself on various positions within Engineering, Customer Services, programs, or continue within EV.
Come and join us! The team will be happy to support your development and competence ramp-up, and benefit your engagement, and curiosity.
Task & accountabilities :
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
- establishing a strong collaboration link with the design office and get the knowledge all NAV & NAVAIDS systems new architectures
- defining testing strategy for this new architecture, with the support of EVYYN NAV expert
- defining the necessary test means
- performing Lab and flight test exploitation from 1st system prototypes to real systems to be certified.
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
Required skills :
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to Master's level (or equivalent) in Engineering
* You have or are willing to improve your technical A/C system/function knowledge through testing on Virtual platforms, on benches and Simulators, and through exchanges with D/O and flight crew
* You like and want to invest yourself into technical topics, but have also project and coordination skills
* Project management knowledge
* Engaged / curious / creative mindset
* Team working spirit
* Advance level of English
This position has been graded below Band V.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.