CERTIFICATION ENGINEER AVIONICS (m/f)
05 Dec 2018
Apply Email this offer
10416791 LP EN EXT 1
Professional staff - engineer
Qualification, Operability & Security
Confirmed (3+ to 5 years of experience)
Print Send to a friend
CERTIFICATION ENGINEER AVIONICS (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Certification Engineer Avionics has arisen within Airbus (Commercial aircraft) in Blagnac. You will join the EIAAA1 team within the department in charge of avionics systems.
This is a position proposing leadership, negotiation internally but also with aviation authorities world-wide, with significant responsibilities and a good overview on our new innovating products, on systems and on our organization.
Within the Airworthiness Technical Directorate, you will be in charge of the management of certification activities for several avionics systems and related aircraft functions on all civil Airbus programs.
The avionics systems/activities in EIAAA1 perimeter cover: Cockpit displays (including Head-Up Displays, Enhanced Vision Systems, Synthetic Vision System, Head Mounted Displays), Flight Warning systems, Integrated Control Panels, Integrated Modular Avionics, Avionics communications networks, Centralized Maintenance Systems, Centralized Data Loading Systems, On-Board Information Systems (including Electronic Flight Bag, routers, servers, networks, IP connectivity with ground networks …), Cybersecurity
The certification activities are linked to the following phases of the aircraft life cycle :
* Initial Type Certification of our aircraft including derivatives,
* Changes to the Type Certification (aka "modifications"),
* Type validation, i.e. validation of the Type certification with national authorities from any country where aircraft are registered (US, Canada, China, Russia, Brasil, …),
* Individual certification linked to deliveries to customers,
* Service bulletin application,
* R&T : Digitalization / "Big Data" / Skywise (Aviation Open Data platform for aircraft maintenance and performance improvement), Maintenance of Tomorrow, Single Pilot Operations, …
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Ensuring, for type certification or significant major change, the definition and the application of certification requirements within Airbus,
* Ensuring adherence to the Design Assurance rules within the Airworthiness Technical Directorate and promote them within the Engineering and A/C Programmes,
* Ensuring continued vigilance over airworthiness and certification issues,
* Leading the certification activities linked to Type Validation exercises with foreign Authorities (from any country where aircraft are registered) for all avionics systems and programmes under your responsibility,
* Leading modifications approvals,
* Managing the timely completion and the integrity of certification projects proposed to EASA in the framework of Type Certifications and major/minor changes for all avionics systems and programmes under your responsibility : Project Management.
* Supporting, on demand for your perimeter, international rule-making and/or standardisation activities (that after lead to implementation of the adopted position on Airbus programmes). This rule-making activity includes the analyse of regulation changes and the identification on impacts on the Airbus compliance demonstration.
* Technical involvement at early development phase (new aircraft or incremental developments, R&T projects, …) to identify, confirm and mitigate risks linked to certification (novel or special design features, Equivalent Level of Safety, …).
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to a 5 years' degree level (or equivalent) in Engineering or a related discipline,
* First experience in systems or certification,
* Interested by negotiation and compliance/Validation & Verification activities,
* Good communication and synthesis skills,
* Motivated to have an overview on design and operational activities on a set of avionics systems,
* Motivated to work on several systems and programmes.
* A negociation level of English & Chinese, intermediate level of French.
Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
View in Job Market
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you're applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don't forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you've submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.