Digital Accelerator - API DevOps Engineer (m/f)
10 Oct 2017
Airbus (Commercial Aircraft)
Apply Email this offer
10375937 SF EN EXT 3
Professional staff - other
Experienced (>10 years of experience)
Print Send to a friend
Digital Accelerator - API DevOps Engineer (m/f)
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2016, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 134,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
Are you passionate about IT, experienced in software development techniques and convinced by the business added value of the digitalization?
Several vacancies for API DevOps Engineer (m/f) have arisen within Airbus in Toulouse. You will join the API & Integration Products department.
With the Digital Transformation of Airbus, the information technology of the company is completely redesigned, looking for creating added value for the business. API based Integration and Connectivity is a main enabler of this transformation. In that context, Airbus IT teams are entirely reshaped and looking for new skills & potentials.
Challenges are numerous and exciting!
As the future API DevOps Engineer you will combine deep experience of software engineering and an innate drive to improve existing systems and processes with the creativity to develop new solutions to evolving challenges.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
* Developing, maintaining and operating software that automates the traditional roles of the system administrator,
* Monitoring and maintaining AIRBUS IT systems to pre-empt problems,
* Optimizing resources utilization while guarantying the application performance and reliability,
* Designing the infrastructure to be implemented in the Cloud for application products via high-available, scalable, maintainable, monitored systems and services,
* Using "infrastructure as a code" concepts to implement designed infrastructure in collaboration with SREs team,
* Reshaping traditional IT environment and design to enable Cloud Platforms adoption to our business,
* Contributing to design and implement new infrastructure operating model making best use of cloud solutions,
* Developing, updating and using CI/CD pipeline to allow fully automated deployments of API across all environments from Development, Q&A to Production,
* Contributing to all phase of the API life cycle; design, develop, test, publish and retire,
* Working in small and self-sufficient teams composed with all required skills for end to end product development
This role will involve some travel for business and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
We are looking for candidates with the following skills and experience:
* Bachelor Degree in a Technical/IT discipline (or equivalent)
* Passion for emerging technology and excited at the prospect of building upon your existing technical knowledge and learning new skills
* Proven track record in an Agile/DevOps environment
* Unwavering commitment to operational security and best practices
* Experience in:
* Linux and Windows system administration
* Building deploying cloud solutions
* Cloud platforms (AWS, Azure, Google),
* OS Automation tools (Ansible, Puppet, Chef)
* Containerization tools (e.g. Dockers, Kubernetes)
* Specific MuleSoft Skills:
* - MuleSoft AnyPoint operations, Performance Troubleshooting,
* - MuleSoft Installation and Configuration
* - MuleSoft certification at any level would be plus
* Strong analytical problem solving ability
* Advanced level of English, French would be appreciated
Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space
View in Job Market
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you're applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don't forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you've submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbusgroup.com) with your CV attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.