Data Scientist (m/f)
09 Apr 2018
Apply Email this offer
10403873 LD EN EXT 1
Professional staff - engineer
Experienced (>10 years of experience)
Print Send to a friend
Data Scientist (m/f)
Airbus Helicopters Marignane
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Data Scientist has arisen within Airbus Helicopters in Marignane.
Airbus Helicopters has set-up a Digital Office to pilot its journey toward digital transformation.
We leverage Analytics & Big Data to monitor our operations and provide a customer superior customer experience.
As a Digital Office, our mission is to manage a portfolio of digital initiatives and get understanding of how our people use data and digital to impact the product innovation, the industrial operations, the customer services and the new business model strategy.
You will use work in a fast-paced innovation, use your solid background on Mathematics & Statistics, machine learning to make appropriate modeling and data mining, find hidden connections and explore new patterns.
Your objectives will be aligned with our strategic goals and cope with new ways of working and making data driven business decisions. Your mission will impact the Digital Performance visibility at strategic, tactic and operational layers.
Tasks & accountabilities
Tasks and activities:
* Identify the constraints and business assumptions
* Liaise with d governance and data engineers to get the relevant set of data from various data base sources
* Build the algorithm as a Minimum Viable Products
* Supervised/ Unsupervised/Machine Learning methods for classification
* Time Serial / high & low dynamic data
* Linear and non-linear regression models
* Neural network
* Natural search text mining
* Test the efficiency and robustness of the models by conducing co-working sessions (design thinking, UX ,…) with users and validate technical and business assumptions
* Track the future evolutions and validate the learning
* Provide ad-hoc algorithms documentation to enable its reusability and facilitate the maintenance and future evolutions
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to a five years degree level (or equivalent) in mathematics or a related discipline.
* Experience minimum 5 years in information systems mandatory.
* Knowledge in typical languages : R, Python, SAS, C++/Java/Perl, Scala, SQL
* Knowledge on Apache, Pigs, Hive and Spark is a plus
* Hacker mind-set, Creativity, Agility ways of thinking.
* Language Skills: advanced level of English and negotiation level of French.
View in Job Market
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you're applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don't forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you've submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.