Data Officer for Engineering (m/f)
17 Jul 2018
Apply Email this offer
10414207 AJ EN EXT 1
Professional staff - engineer
Mid-career (5+ to 10 years of experience)
Print Send to a friend
Data Officer for Engineering (m/f)
Airbus Helicopters Marignane
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Data Officer for Engineering has arisen within Airbus Helicopters in Marignane. You will join the Engineering Data Management Department.
Airbus Helicopters has started its digital transformation, with the objective of optimizing operations and proposing new services, through the exploitation of data.
As a key enabler to this transformation, Airbus Helicopters has initiated the structuration of a proper Data Governance, to manage information as a real asset of the company.
It is a key asset for Airbus Helicopters to have reliable, qualitative and quantitative data managed inside and outside of the company.
The Engineering department is therefore looking for a Data Officer to represent the interests of Engineering (CTO organization) in all aspects.
The projects will have to cover all the different departments in Engineering (Lead functions, R&T, R&D, Flight tests, etc.)
You will report directly to the head of Processes & Quality for Engineering.
The position will evolve, step by step, under your leadership based on a strategy you will have to define together with the data governance community (data officers of other business functions).
Your action shall be closely coordinated with the Digital Transformation Office (DTO), IM governance, Engineering Data Management team, Export Control & Security and operational teams.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main responsibilities will include:
* Define CTO Data Management strategy
* Represent Engineering at Data Governance Committees
* Define, coordinate and lead Data Management related projects for Engineering
* Monitor Data quality, manage data audits and define Data Cleaning Strategy
* Advisor to CTO management team for Data Governance matters
* Coordinate action of data custodians & develop data community (Trainings, etc.)
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to a 5 year's degree level (or equivalent).
* At least 5 to 10 years of overall experience.
* A successful experience as a data analyst or data scientist is mandatory.
* Proven ability to lead complex projects.
* Knowledge of Data Management processes.
* Comprehension / knowledge of ethic and laws applied to data.
* Demonstrated organization, facilitation, communication and presentation skills.
* Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills in English.
* Advanced level of French; German would be a plus.