Cost Engineer (m/f)
14 Nov 2018
Airbus Defence and Space
Apply Email this offer
10426634 SS EN EXT 1
Professional staff - engineer
Mid-career (5+ to 10 years of experience)
Print Send to a friend
Cost Engineer (m/f)
Airbus Defence and Space Elancourt
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for a Cost Engineer (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Elancourt. You will join Secure Communications Program Line.
In the Secure Communications/EMEA organization, the Export business has hugely increased these last 2 years, especially in the satellite telecommunications business.
For this reason, Secure Communications is looking for a Cost Engineer, in charge of supporting the bids and projects planning within Systems and Export Programs.
Overall purpose of the role:
* Bids and projects planning support: to collect and integrate cost estimates from the bid/project Work Package Managers (WPM) within campaigns, to update cost base and support Finance engineering .
* Pre-bid support: to perform "should cost" approach for Communications Network solutions, to collect and analyze development, processes and market pricing information in order to estimate accurate costing for recurring solutions manufacturing. Uses this data collection to challenge typical cost estimates during bids.
* Works proactively towards cost target objectives in collaboration with Engineering, Procurement, Programs, ILS, Sales, Finance and Commercial (C&C) functions.
Job holder in this role may take also responsibility to collect the risk contingencies and to keep the risk register updated within the bid process and programs life.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
1. Task management in bid/project support:
* Initiate/structure a cost base in co-ordination with PMO, Sales manager and Finance.
* Edit a cost model, aligned with project PBS / WBS and C&C and distribute it across the bid WPM and support functions.
* Manage a cost base with ad hoc tool (e.g. Deviprop, MS-Excel or any other dedicated corporate tool) to keep the cost base updated all along the bid/project life time.
* Support Finance and C&C manager to develop Price lists.
* Provide a support to the bid or project manager in Risk analysis and registration
* Determine cost estimate targets during the design process, recommending cost effective solutions
* Gather proposals, specifications and related documents and liaise with stakeholders in order to convert specifications to cost estimates for new/current solutions development.
* Proposes cost methodologies and tools and appropriate software models and packages to prepare and maintain reliable and accurate data
* Establish cost estimates of S/W development processes and tooling costs and review alternatives or put forward recommendations for improvement
* Assess cost effectiveness of products and track actual costs relative to budget and report status on a regular basis to ensure costs are in line with forecasts
* Investigate and identify cost reduction opportunities through cost drivers analysis
* Contribute to cost monitoring and reporting systems and procedures and monitor trends
* Support all activities in cost estimating and take a proactive approach towards improvements
This role will involve some travel for business in Europe and Middle East and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to a degree level (or equivalent) in engineering and/or in relevant business/commercial /manufacturing.
* 5 years' experience in project management, PM Office, bid management or Finance control
* Some previous experience of cost estimating, ideally in an aerospace or automotive industry, manufacturing or engineering environment
* Good IT systems knowledge and skills including advanced Excel skills
* Experienced in the use of XL spreadsheets, estimating pricing models and cost management tools (e.g. Deviprop…)
* Able to show evidence of adding value and cost optimization
* Knowledge and understanding of a variety of manufacturing processes and components and ability to evaluate and analyze associated costs
* Negotiation level of French and English
Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space, Other Business
View in Job Market
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you're applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don't forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you've submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.