Access Network Orchestrator Product & Project Manager (m/f)
13 Dec 2018
Airbus Defence and Space
Apply Email this offer
10437931 SS EN EXT 1
Mid-career (5+ to 10 years of experience)
Print Send to a friend
Access Network Orchestrator Product & Project Manager (m/f)
Airbus Defence and Space Elancourt
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe's number one space enterprise and the world's second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
A vacancy for an Access Network Orchestrator Product & Project Manager (m/f) has arisen within Airbus Defence & Space in Elancourt. You will join TCSF department.
This is a short term mission (6 months) to manage the completion of an ongoing development for an access network orchestration product, define use cases for critical users, deliver an initial product documentation and propose a roadmap for further steps.
The Product Manager is the champion for the product within the company and must drive the activity forward bringing a blend of business and technical understanding along with a big-picture vision.
This position will require a security clearance or will require being eligible for clearance by the recognized authorities.
Tasks & accountabilities
Your main tasks and responsibilities will include:
Strategic Solution Design and Business Case
* In close cooperation with the sales, business development and program delivery organisations, identify the market size, the market needs, the key success factors or differentiator that will allow our product/solution to be successful. Close the loop with existing deployments with customers.
* In conjunction with engineering organisations, define innovative relevant target solutions. Assess risks that could impact our solution and work out mitigation plans.
* Build business cases giving a clear case strategic orientation for our solution. Track competitors solutions
* Initiate a Go To Market Plan for the product enabling clear understanding of the customer implementation process specific to the products.
* Support R&T requests that feed into the R&D case.
Building the Solution: Roadmap
* Stabilize the ongoing product development, ensure that expected features are delivered OTOQOC and ensure that those features are documented to allow for exchanges and first deployments with target users.
* In close cooperation with the engineering and program delivery teams, assess our capability gaps and identify the requirements needed for our future management solutions, aligning the roadmap to R&T activities where possible.
* Based upon our view of the future products/solutions, the identified requirements and the engineering commitment, propose a roadmap for the product stream
* Track technology and standards advancements and update the roadmap accordingly to ensure the solution/product remains contemporary (updating the BC and requesting funding where necessary).
Delivering the Solution: Project Management
* Manage and control the development process providing clear and regular reporting.
* Ensure efficient team working and ensure that short term common objectives are established and achieved
* Support service development associated with the solutions
* Establish, maintain and own solution repository and appropriate maturity analysis (Technical Readiness Level (TRL), Re-use Readiness Level (RRL), Integration Readiness Level (IRL), Service/Solution Readiness Level (SRL)).
* For in-service products, track product sales metrics in line with the business case and include in regular reports.
Solution Communication, Education and Marketing
* Provide product material to start sales effort as part of the overall portfolio capability, to include
o sales presentations
o value proposition including KSPs, USPs
o technical presentations
o technical descriptions/white papers
* Conduct solution training and education for Sales & Marketing stakeholders.
* Establish and maintain a demonstration capability of the products, integrating where possible with other portfolio products.
* Publish and distribute news items related to the products.
* Build and maintain relationships with internal and external stakeholders
Support Bids and Partnerships
* Support bidding activities, be these for an integration project or service sale. Bring product expertise in terms of solution, but particularly competitive advantage.
This role will involve some travel for business in France/Europe/Worldwide and as such you must be able to travel accordingly.
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company's success, reputation and sustainable growth.
You will have the following skills and experience:
* Educated to a degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline
* Qualification or experience in project management (e.g. PMP, PRINCE2 Practitioner)
Or Qualification or experience in engineering leadership (e.g. IET CEng, INCOSE)
* 5+ years' experience in product management, marketing, or development activities within a relevant business sector.
* Experience of OSS/BSS systems architecture and development (network and/or IT), ideally in the defence or government sector.
* Experience of cloud based solutions, Mobile Virtual Network Operator (MVNO), and/or Software Defined Networking (SDN) would be preferred
* Membership of relevant professional body
* Experience of working within diverse international teams
* A keen interest in new products, technology, and their customer applications/benefits.
* Customer facing experience and ability to understand and derive customer needs
* Excellent cross functional communication and organisational skills
* Excellent interpersonal skills
* A proactive, resilient, can-do attitude
* Negotiation level of French and English
Airbus (Corporate Functions), Airbus (Commercial Aircraft), Airbus Defence and Space, Other Business
View in Job Market
Find the right job
Browse through the Airbus job market in order to find the position that suits you the most! The Job Market search engine will guide you through the different criteria you can select to look for jobs.
Create your profile & apply
Whether you're applying for a vacancy in the Job Market or joining our candidate pool, you will need to create a candidate profile in the job market. Don't forget to submit all relevant documents with your application: CV, cover letter, etc.
Pass the selection
Once you've submitted your application, it will be screened by our recruitment team. If successful at this stage, we will get in touch with you for a first contact interview.
Please apply on line for this vacancy on line at our careers site (www.jobs.airbus.com) with your CV and cover letter attached.
By submitting your CV or application you are consenting to Airbus using and storing information about you for monitoring purposes relating to your application or future employment. This information will only be used by Airbus.
Airbus is committed to achieving workforce diversity and creating an inclusive working environment. We welcome all applications irrespective of social and cultural background, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation or religious belief.